OPI just launched La Collection De France for fall/winter 2008 collection in early August in the US. Inspired by the effortless elegance of French fashion, the collection features twelve rich and deep shades along with three coordinating lipsticks and lip liners.
As an OPI fan, I have to admit, it didn't draw my attention when I first saw the promo images of the collection. Most of the colors in this collection were way too dark and didn't stand out. It changed my initial impressions, however, after I had a good look at the close-up images of the colors.
The shades focus on neutral nudes, mauve tones and red shades. Some of the shades contain subtle shimmer. I think this collection is able to grasp the essence of the understated glamor of French fashion.
- Louvre Me Louvre Me Not: royal purple
- Parlez-Vous OPI?: smoky violet
- You Don't Know Jacques!: taupe
- Tickle My France-y: nude
- Bastille My Heart: rich burgundy
- I'm Fondue of You: milk chocolate
- A Oui Bit of Red: brilliant red
- We'll Always Have Paris: rich coffee
- Eiffel For This Color: wine shimmer
- Baguette Me Not: swirl of cinnamon
- Crêpes Suzi-ette: caramel
- Yes…I Can-Can!: eggplant
I definitely will grab a few shades from the collection. I am more inclined to Bastille My Heart, Baguette Me not and Tickle my France-y.
Have you picked up any shades from this collection? I would love to hear your thoughts on your shade(s).
Images updated on August 23rd, 2008
Peach-a-Boo! from Summer 2008 Retro Fun in the Sun Collection by OPI
"Lunch at the Delhi" from OPI Spring/Summer 2008 India Collection