I am back! I apologize for not updating in the past few days. I just came back from a short but relaxing vacation in Lake Tahoe. This trip was full of bright sunshine, sandy beaches and blue skies. As much as I enjoyed all the breathtaking scenic views, it wasn't easy to get used to the temperature change from daytime to night time and protect the skin from the harsh sun rays on the beach.
I like to pack light during travel (I guess I was also forced to pack light due to the TSA's 3-1-1 rules). And, simple makeup and easy skin care routine are my philosophy during traveling. Based on my past experiences, I was always too tired to get up early finishing the delicate task of applying makeup. Secondly, for some lodging places, such as cabin, it is hard to find decent lighting to apply makeup, not to mention it is essentially mission impossible for me to have my makeup mistake-proof when visiting sunny beaches, playing water, traveling through windy or snowy places. The heat, humidity and strong wind can smear or melt the makeup within minutes. Thus, I would rather play safe with my resort makeup looks; keep it minimal and subtly fresh. Yet, my makeup will be still beautifully done to be photogenic (vacation photos last a lifetime).
I am going to share with you some of the beauty goodies that I brought in my last trip. I narrowed down the stuff that I found most travel-wise in term of size, capability and versatility. More detailed thoughts on these items will come up tomorrow.
Left to Right (Back Row):
- Burt's Bee Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment
- Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
- Clarins UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF40
- Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer
- Shiseido UV White Whitening Compact Foundation
- L'Occitane Solid Perfume in Green Tea
- Bobbi Brown Lip Tint SPF 15 in Peony
- MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo in Polar Opposite
- Guerlain KissKiss Maxi Shine lipstick in Strawberry Shine
- Kate Designing Eyebrow N set
Fall 2007: The Beauty Goodies in My Bag!