Guerlain Terracotta Shine Shine Touche D'or

Guerlain Terracotta Shine Shine Touche D'or
A limited-edition item released from Guerlain many years ago

Guerlain is one of my favorite beauty brands of all time. For many years since I began to learn how to apply makeup and skincare, Guerlain's fragrance, skincare, makeup color and product packaging have always attracted me with its French style of class, luxury and elegance.

One of Guerlain's famous classics is the Terracotta line. The Terracotta line was first introduced to the world with the debut of Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 1984. For over 20 years, the Terracotta line has expanded to various bronzing products from face to body. The Moisturizing Bronzing Powder is still popular around the world to date. Can you believe that every 30 seconds a Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder is sold all over the world? I have not yet tried their Moisturizing Bronzing Powder. I hope to try it soon.

I would like to share with you one of my all time makeup favorites from the Terracotta line. I bought Guerlain Terracotta Shine Shine Touche D'or many years ago when I was in college. It was released as a limited-edition item at that time. Terracotta Shine Shine is a golden bronze illuminator for face, eyes and lips. It contains fine golden particles that makes the finish look more to the golden side. It has a creamy texture and cream-to-powder formula. The cream transforms into powder quickly as the color is blended and applied on the skin. Depending on your liking, different number(s) of layering could creates different effects and results. A single thin layer of application lets the fine golden particles loosely scatter on the skin. I do like those particles sparkle subtly. When more layers go on, golden particles are denser and the color is richer and more pigmented.

I like to use Guerlain's Terracotta Shine Shine especially in the summer party time and cold fall/winter season. I would use Terracotta Shine Shine for either a light or intense makeup depending on my mood and occasions. A single thin layer can give the skin a subtle sheen. However, with thicker layering of sole wear, the golden color can be overwhelmingly shiny on the eyes or any other face area. Since it is an illuminator, I usually like to apply it over strong smoky eyes as a final touch or layer on top of the blush to highlight the cheeks. The color lasts well. In the summer time, it gives a healthy and sun-kissed glow while in the fall and winter, it create a warm and luminous look.

Unfortunately, this product is no longer available. However, there is another Guerlain product that is utterly close to this Terracotta Shine Shine Touche D'or: Guerlain 'Poudre D'Orient' Deluxe Terracotta Bronzing Powder for Face & Body. I have not personally tried "Poudre D'Orient" but please stay tuned for more updated information about this.

No comments: