Review on Lady Dior Palette from Dior Spring 2009 Collection

Lady Dior Palette from Dior Spring 2009 Makeup Collection

As I promised in my previous post I'd share my thought on the Lady Dior palette, here is my review on this beautiful Lady Dior palette from Dior spring 2009 makeup collection.

Packaging
The palette is cleverly designed into the shape of the famous Lady Dior Cannage handbag. It looks like a petite handbag that adds a luxurious high-fashion feel in my vanity box. Without any clip-on design, this palette can be just flipped open. Along with a mirror, it contains a highlighter and cheek/lip color.
Lady Dior Palette from Dior Spring 2009 Collection

The Lady Dior palette is made of polished silver metal hardware and faux leather. So, this couture palette is heavier to hold than regular makeup palettes. It features the classic cannage quilting in faux leather. The charms on this palette come in the capital letters of Dior. There is a silver metal chain on one side. The rounded handles of the Lady Dior makeup palette has a metal and acrylic finish.


Lady Dior Palette

In the functional aspect, I found it doesn't work too well as a key chain or bag charm as I have expected. I tried to accessorize it with my shoulder bags and totes several times. The chain is a little too long for my handbags. Furthermore, the palette is on the heavy side. It is not so practical to use it as a key chain for everyday use.

Lady Dior Palette

Texture
The highlighter shade and the cheek/lip color have a smooth and creamy texture. The highlighter has more of a soft, creamy mousse consistency, while the cheek/lip color is more like a moist creamy tint. The supple texture makes gliding and blending the colors effortless.
Lady Dior Palette

Color
The palette I have, #002 French Chic, features warm tones. The highlighter is in pale soft pink with ultra-fine multi-color shimmer, while the cheek/lip color features matte brick red. The highlighter shade has a warm nude tone and the cheek/lip color has a brown undertone. The shimmer of the highlighter is low-key yet glimmering. This is the kind of subtle shimmer I like.

Finish
The highlighter blends in smoothly, and settles in my skin easily. It looks like a pale nude pink shade in the pan, but it leaves a sheer veil of off-white shimmer on the skin. The highlighter imparts a soft iridescencent sheen on my face.

Lady Dior Palette

The cheek/lip color is well-pigmented. It does need extra work to blend in the color. It goes on sheer once it is evenly distributed. A light layer of application gives a natural-looking and flattering result for my fairly pale skin tone. With one layer, it gives a barely-there, nude contour on the apples of my cheeks and along my cheekbones. And, it achieves an understated flesh-toned result on my lips.

This cheek/lip color can be layered gradually to desired intensity. With more than one layer of application, the finish is overly red-toned on my skin. For people with medium to dark skin tones, you are suggested to gradually build this cheek/lip color to get a richer color payoff.


Lady Dior Palette

Staying Power

Overall, the highlighter and the cheek/lip colors stay put well. But to finish them with some face powder helps the colors last longer.


Lady Dior Palette


Do head over to A Touch of Blusher's post for her wonderful review on Lady Dior palette in 002 French Chic.

Related posts:
Sneak Peek of Dior Spring 2009 Makeup Collection

Dior Spring 2009 Makeup Collection

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried this at the counter and was very disappointed in the colour payoff...

your pictures are soooo good and now i want to go back to double check.

birkinbagbeauty said...

I am still contemplating if I would buy this one. On the one hand: it is such a gorgeous accessory and real Dior, on the other hand...the price.

It looks gorgeous in your pictures, though. I love the red tint.

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello Jojoba,

The Lady Dior palette is available in warm-toned French Chic and pink-toned Parisienne Chic. Unfortunately, French Chic is the only version available at Dior counters in the US.

According to Temptalia, Parisienne Chic will be exclusive to Sephora. But the Sephora website has not been updated with Dior spring 2009 collection.

I am not sure which version of the Lady Dior palette has been launched in Malaysia and other countries in East Asia. I wonder if you got to see both versions of Lady Dior?

I definitely would love to hear your thoughts on this makeup palette. :)

Cheers,

BA

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello Birkinbagbeauty,

Thank you for stopping by!

The makeup colors and packaging design of the Lady Dior palette are lovely. The red tint works great as a cheek/lip color.

It certainly has an expeneive price. I definitely recommend you to try out the palette at Dior counters, and see if you like it.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

BA

Anonymous said...

I just bought this 2 days ago, and I'm completely loving it! However I'm still contemplating whether or not to actually use it, than just keep it as is and as a collectors item...

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello Sheila,

I am really glad that you love the Lady Dior palette!

I enjoy using the palette. The texture is impressively smooth. And the colors give a soft, fresh highlighting and contouring effect on my face.

Do let me know what you think of this palette if you decide to use it. :)

Cheers,

BA

Anonymous said...

I just bought it today! The highligher is even more luminous than I expected. :)

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello Kimberly,

I agree with you. The highlighter shade looks more pink-toned in the pan. But it gives a sheer veil of soft off-white color on my face:)

Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,

BA