Product Review: La Mer The Hydration Infusion

La Mer The Hydration Infusion

La Mer is a brand name that has been known for its superior skincare and makeup products. In September, La Mer added a new product, The Hydration Infusion, to its high quality skincare lin
eup. I have been using it twice a day for six weeks and I am happy with the experience.

Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream

The Hydration Infusion
is a face treatment that hydrates and pre-moisturizes the skin to effectively enhance the benefits of Crème de la Mer. It comes
in a form of serum. Perhaps, you wonder why a "treatment" is needed prior to using Crème de la Mer, a skincare product known for its moisturizing and anti-aging effects. The explanation is when skin is dry and parched, it is difficult to absorb hydration and nourishment, regardless how moisturizing the product is. The Hydration Infusion is a high-potency serum that saturates the skin with hydration to provide an optimum condition to receive the maximum benefits of Crème de la Mer.

Texture
The Hydration Infusion is dewy, watery in texture. The consistency is slightly thicker than regular toners. It is easy to spread over the face and is quickly absorbed into the skin. It doesn't leave any sticky or filmy residue on my face.

Scent
This light honey colored serum has an uplifting and relaxing scent, very similar to
Crème de la Mer. I always like the unique aqua/marine like scents of La Mer skincare products because the scents seem to soothe the senses and restlessness in my skincare routine. I enjoy clean refreshing scents or minimum fragrance in my skincare items. La Mer is probably one of the few Western brands that comes in light clean scents that I don't find overly perfumy.

Ingredient
The key ingredients of this product are vitamins (vitamins C, B5, B12 and Magnesium), ferment, essential minerals (iron, manganese and copper), La Mer's exclusive Deconstructed Waters and magnetized tourmaline.

La Mer The Hydration Infusion

Result

My skin is very dry and sensitive in the cold seasons. Although my T-zone is prone to getting oily in warm weather, the cheeks are constantly dry. I have diligently used The Hydration Infusion twice a day, following with my regular cream in the first three weeks and pairing with
Crème de la Mer in the last three weeks.

I noticed this serum has greatly improved my dry skin, especially on the cheeks. It certainly gives my skin long-lasting moisture without causing any reaction.
My face appears brighter, firmer and feels softer. It sort of evens out the skin discoloration, and revives a healthy glow.

After using The Hydration Infusion, my fine lines caused by dryness have been diminished to some degree. To receive the maximum benefits, in my opinion, it is preferable to use it with Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream. I am pleased that this moisturizer soothes the redness, moisturizes dry areas, and has lessened the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles.

Summary
I think The Hydration Infusion works great for people with dry/sensitive skin as it does a good job quenching the skin, improving the skin tone, texture and fine lines caused by dryness.

Used with
Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream, it helps to further nourish my skin, restore firmness, minimize the fine lines, wrinkles and visible pores more efficiently.

For 4.2 oz, it costs $95 USD. It is probably not within everyone's budget. I do recommend you to stop by La Mer counter for a consultation with their beauty advisor(s) to try out the texture and find out if this one suits your needs.


*The samples are provided by La Mer. However, this review is solely based on my personal opinions after using this product.*


Related posts:

Product Review: La Mer The Cleansing Foam

Product Review: La Mer The SPF 18 Fluid Tint


No comments: