Product Review: Gloves in a Bottle

The climate in the Northeastern United States is dry all seasons, especially from November to February when the weather turns cold and windy. My hands dry out so easily in the winter and need constant applications of hand lotion to stay moisturized. I had the opportunity to try Gloves in a Bottle. I am liking the experience with it.

A few months back, I posted a review on Skin MD Natural, which is a shielding lotion for face, hand, and body. Like Skin MD Natural, Gloves in a Bottle is a shielding lotion that bonds with the outer layer of skin to create a protective barrier. The barrier protects the skin from harsh damages such as cold/hot water, severe weather, irritants, and chemicals. While the shielding lotion helps the outer layer of skin to keep its natural oils and moisture, it also protects the deeper layers of skin and leaves the skin soft and supple.

Speaking of my using experiences, Gloves in a Bottle and Skin MD Natural share some things in common. What I like about using them is they moisturize my hands adequately
without being too greasy and sticky. This is a plus because they don't leave oily finger marks on papers or greasy traces on computer keyboard. However, I do think Gloves in a Bottle provides deeper moisturization than Skin MD Natural.

Gloves in a Bottle has a lightweight semi-creamy texture, and goes on smooth. While it does not have any fragrance, I notice there is a light plastic smell. Some people might dislike the scent, but I am not bothered by the smell since the lotion delivers good moisture to my hands.
I can feel the skin absorbs it quickly as I gently massage it over, and it stays on my skin. After the lotion is applied, I notice there are tiny fine bits coming off my skin. As I learned from the website of Gloves in a Bottle, the tiny bits are the dead skin cells coming off from the exfoliation of the skin's dry outer layer.

Compared to Gloves in a Bottle, I think Skin MD works better for people who don't have dry skin problems or people who live in warmer and more humid areas. A hand lotion is very important for my constant dry hands. Before bedtime, I like to pamper my hands using something more emollient and richer. At day time, I prefer something lighter, moisturizing, and non-greasy. Gloves in a Bottle has what I need for daytime regular use.

*This sample is provided by Gloves in A Bottle. However, this review is solely based on my personal opinions after using this product.*

Related posts:
Product review: Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion

No comments: