In Memory of Shu Uemura

[Photo credit:www.sephora.com]

A sad news. According to AP news, Shu Uemura, the founder of Shu Uemura Cosmetics brand and a great Japanese makeup artist, died of acute pneumonia on Dec 29, 2007 in Tokyo at the age of 79. The spokeswoman didn't reveal this news to the press until Jan 08, 2008.

Shu Uemura has played an important role in my journey of beauty. To me, Shu Uemura is the second beauty brand I have started to use since I was in junior school. The first brand was Shiseido, a facial moisturizer my mom bought me. However, Shu Uemura is the very first cosmetics brand in my beauty journey that I has learned from fashion/beauty magazine by myself and shopped its products in department stores and boutiques.

From the day I bought my very first bottle of Cleansing Oil, Shu Uemura has affected me in many positive ways. Other than all those beauty products from Cleansing Oils, Deepsea Water, Lash Curler, Blusher, Eyeshadows and handmade brushes that I am in love with, I always love the peaceful and joyful experience browsing Shu Uemura's sleek transparent products and all the bold and harmonious makeup colors in its minimalist designed boutiques and counters. The most important thing is I appreciate his philosophy on true beauty, and his enthusiasm for beauty, makeup and colors. He believes the spirit of beauty is simplicity and purity. This core value has become the culture and inspiration of the cosmetics company on product developments and innovations on all aspects. This is what makes this brand stand strong on a global scale and make a great impact on the cosmetics and skincare industry. Mr. Shu Uemura, a great master of art and cosmetics pioneer, will be missed.

No comments: