Product Review: Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA++

Mineral makeup has become very popular in recent years. More and more concerned consumers with sensitive skin or acne issues love its natural ingredients made from crushed minerals free of dyes, preservatives, fragrances, chemicals and etc.

Swatches of Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA++

Today, I am going to share with you Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA++. This product is currently available in 9 shades. The colors I have are 02 and 04.

Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA++

Packaging

Like Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder, it comes in a compact with a mirror, powder puff and built-in grinder inside. The lid closes securely like the way I'd prefer.

The foundation itself is a pressed powder. You just simply turn the grinder to release the amount of foundation powder needed.

I like the fact that the compact is sturdy and handy, which makes it very convenient to travel with and touch up without spilling the powder all everywhere.

However, the puff is not fluffy enough for my liking. When I am applying it, I feel it is a little bit rough on my face.

Color

02 is the second lightest shade and it is an ivory beige without any pink undertones. The color is a nice match for my fairly light skin tone. On the other hand, 04 is a medium beige. It is a great darker shade foundation to contour my face.

Texture
The powder is finely-milled, and has a silky smooth and lightweight texture. It feels moisturizing and comfortable on the skin.

Coverage
Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation is blendable and buildable. It gives a sheer to medium coverage, depending on the amount you apply.

It does not cover my imperfections like redness, freckles and pores completely. But I think it is common in mineral foundation makeup, which is known for providing a natural-looking and light finish than full coverage.

Finish
The powder foundation gives a soft-focus, matte finish. It imparts a matte luminosity as the powder settles in my skin in half hour. It doesn't look powdery or heavy when more layers are applied.

Lasting Power
The oil control is fine. It does require a few touch-ups during the day in warm weather. For people with combination and oily skin, I would recommend to use a foundation primer or setting powder with oil controlling properties.

[Photo credit: Elizabeth Arden]

*The samples are provided by Elizabeth Arden. However, this review is solely based on my personal opinions after using this product.*

Related posts:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (in Medium)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favouirte kind of packaging. it's the same as my YSL Semi-Loose Powder. you'd never waste much powder this way. And trust me, even if you aren't a makeup person and only own few items, such packaging will make the product last forever!

great post!

Beauty Anonymous said...

Dear Jojoba,

I am with you. The grinder dial packaging design is so smart and convenient. I don't worry about spilling the powder everywhere or breaking up the pressed powder into small pieces.

Thanks a lot for recommending me YSL Semi-Loose Powder. I am very interested to try it out when I go shopping in the mall next time. :)

Cheers,

BA

Amy said...

I really love this foundation. It goes on naturally without being too thick. I would recommend buying the 30 dollar brush set that is often advertised with it. It really improves the product by going on softly and evenly distributing the powder.

Mineral Cosmetics said...

What I can see is a variety of skin tones to suit almost any skin.The packaging also seems to be great.

Anonymous said...

I'm currently using Halo, but was interested in this powder because of the SPF. I was wondering how this one compares?

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,

I am happy that you enjoy using this powder foundation. It does give a natural-looking finish without being overdone. I also like the fact that the powder is lightweight and quite moisturizing.

I usually like to use a puff or a sponge for powder foundation.Thank you so much for your recommendation of applying this powder foundation with a brush. I definitely will give it a try.

Cheers,

BA

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hi Mineral Cosmetics,

The packaging design is fantastic! When I carry it in my tote, I don't have to worry about breaking the (pressed) powder foundation and spilling the powder all over the place.

Cheers,

BA

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am very sorry for my belated reply.

I have yet to try Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder. I apologize for not being able to offer my thoughts on how these two powders compare.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

BA

perfectmakeups said...

YSL is good brand for foundation and would recommend to buy this product

Anonymous said...

kd 12
yeezy boost 350
curry 8
air jordan shoes
golden goose sneakers
bape sta
hermes birkin bag
moncler
curry 6
supreme clothing