Russia Vodka for Ladies

Photo credit: New York Times

This Russian vodka, Damskaya, ad is simply stunning! I love the lavender & violet image setting. Not to mention the vodka bottle has an ultra feminine shape with a white skirt flying upward (just like Marilyn Monroe), seemingly whispering "between us girls", well, at least that's the catch phrase of this ad. The packaging and marketing are especially strategized for the growing women-only market in Russia, despite vodka is a traditional masculine product. Although some critics said this ad wooing only women may not be taken seriously by this old country that has excessive masculinity. Anyway, I just thought this ad is cute and feminine. I wish I have a chance to take a sip my Cosmo with this vodka in it. This vodka is as a mid range vodka, going for $12 a bottle.

No comments: