Product Review: Ferro Cosmetics

Ferro Cosmetics is a mineral makeup company that produces its products with pure minerals and non-toxic ingredients. As a member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, the founder of Ferro Cosmetics, Krissy Ferro, is an advocate for promoting natural cosmetics products. I has had the opportunity to try out some products from Ferro Cosmetics.

Eye Candy Mineral Shadow Powder: Champagne Eye Candy

Champagne belongs to the Eye Candy Pearl series. It is a champagne gold shade with fine silver shimmer. It imparts a white gold frosty finish on my eyes. It is a subtle color for light makeup or base color. I like to apply it as a base color over the eye lids to bring clarity, and layer up with copper and earthy brown shades for a warm sunny look.

Eye Candy Mineral Shadow Powder: February Eye Candy

February is part of the Eye Candy Shimmer series. It is a lilac eye shadow with multi-color shimmer. The multi-color particles are noticeable in the pot. At first, I was worried if the shimmer would be too glittery for my liking. But it goes on just right and not overwhelmingly sparkling. Some of the lilacs I tried before had hints of red or brown undertones, and made my eyes look dull. February is a lilac lavender shade that has more of a blue undertone. This is a lively eye shadow. A sheer layer of it has a refreshing and soft feeling. The eyes look more intense and dramatic with more layers of application. I enjoy this color very much. I can see myself using it frequently in spring and summer.

Dirt 3-N-1 Eye Candy

Dirt is a multi-purpose eye makeup powder from the 3-N-1 Eye Candy series. The series has deep and pigmented shades. So you can use them as eye shadow, eyeliner, or brow definer. Dirt is a dark brown with green shimmer. When I applied it dry, bits of powder kind of easily fell under the eyes during the eye makeup process. I prefer to apply dark eye shadow powders with moistened brushes. In this way, you have a better control to line, shade and define the eyes without leaving dark spots below the eyes.

Mineral Bronzer: Glow Baby

Glow Baby is a light nude/fleshy color with silver shimmering sparkles. The silver shimmer creates a subtle pearly sheen. Glow Baby has a very nice sheer coverage. It contours my face naturally, and imparts a soft flush on my fair skin. It is a likable everyday use kind of blusher for all seasons.

Mineral Bronzer: Autumn Kiss

Autumn Kiss is a light bronzy color with fine shimmer. It has more of a red undertone, and is pigmented. It looks more neutral brick on my skin.

Overall, their eye shadows have pretty pigments and good staying power. The mineral bronzers I have tried give me a healthy tone that looks natural.
The composition of finely-milled mineral powders and refined shimmering particles imparts a soft matte finish with pearly coverage. I am really impressed that Ferro Cosmetics offers a gorgeous array of shades for different skin tones. Have a look at the website of Ferro Cosmetics for more products and colors if you are interested to try mineral makeup and natural cosmetics!


Photo credit: ferrocosmetics.com

*This sample is provided by Ferro Cosmetics. However, this review is solely based on my personal opinions after using this product.*

No comments: