Product Review: Roxy Fragrance and Delicate Shower Gel



Roxy is a women’s sportswear brand from California since 1990. Its clothings are designed especially for outdoor fun while keeping a fit, flexible and feminine style. Today, the brand has expanded to offer every aspect from sportswear, everyday outfit, tide watch, handbag and Roxy fragrance. I am not an outdoor person in any way. But when I was asked to test out a package of Roxy fragrance, I sure would love to take this opportunity to sample the scent of Roxy spirit - "daring, confident, naturally beautiful, fun and alive."

The sample package includes a Roxy Eau de Toilette (100ml for $58) and a Delicate Shower Gel (150ml for $20.) Roxy fragrance is created by the perfumer at Givaudan (the world's leading company in the industry of flavors and fragrances), Antoine Maisondieu. The fragrance is inspired by the spirit and lifestyle of Roxy. Following is Antoine's brief olfactory translation:
"In order to give the scent a unique signature, to create a dynamic olfactory rhythm and sublime all the facets of the Roxy attitude, I first of all punctuated it with a zest of citrus fruits and velvety berries to illustrate its energetic, playful character. Then, I added Magnolia, Lily of the Valley and Violet: joyful flowers with luminous essences. Lastly, I chose Musk and a magnificent "organic" Ylang which - when married with the tropical richness of the Frangipani flower - illuminate the ensemble in a Salted Amber harmony." [Source: roxy.com]

To me, the fragrance of Roxy is quite feminine, joyful, and fresh. As the first and second spritzes burst into air around me, I can sense citrus and red berries immediately. My first impression of it (or first impression of the "top notes" ) is fruity and overly sweet. But it disappears quickly within minutes. Within half hour or so, the middle notes starts to emerge. I enjoy Roxy's middle notes very much. The combination of lily of the valley, violet, magnolia, organic ylang-ylang is subtle and feminine. I especially like the clean floral scent of Lily of the Valley quietly along in the ride. Musk and amber in the base notes harmonize the floral middle notes and hold the fragrance together.

Overall, I enjoy Roxy fragrance a lot. It is a delicately floral fragrance, but not overpowering. It is suitable for everyday use at daytime or preferably in the spring and summer time. The Delicate Shower Gel is also delightful. It contains pearl extract, and is easy to lather up. It leaves my skin a light fruity scent, and enhances the application of the Roxy fragrance.

Roxy fragrance features:
  • Top notes: Citrus, red berries
  • Middle notes: Lily of the valley, violet, magnolia, organic ylang-ylang
  • Base notes: Musk, frangipani blossom, amber

*The samples are provided by Roxy. However, this review is solely based on my personal opinions after using this product.*


No comments: