Yves Saint Laurent Limited Edition La Laque

I have been keeping an eye on the holiday collections of the season. Western brands like Yves Saint Laurent, Dior...etc do provide fancy packagings and sparkling colors that really attract me. Many of them, however, have very similar makeup colors that I already have. (I found myself more inclined to a few Japanese brand holiday collections. I should reveal which holiday collection that have caught my eyes on a separate post.) Yves Saint Laurent's Limited Edition La Laque - Starry Dream #145 ($18) is one of the two nail shades from YSL's latest holiday collection. Starry Dream is a transparent shade full of subtle silver glitters. I like the fine silvery particles that are bright and glamorous. Though, it is not over glittery which is totally in an understatedly stylish way. It makes a statement at evening occasions. Remember that it is a transparent-based color. The more coats you put on, the more density is filled with silver shimmer. Three coats or more create the best effect of density! The picture shown above is with five coats on. I didn't put on any top coat for protection. I am surprised to find out the color has remained quite intact and impeccably beautiful after three days. The formulation is basically fast-drying. As long as you give it enough time to dry out, you shouldn't worry too much about any drag mark or any unpleasant scratch mark.

The silver appearance delivers a pearly-silver or metallic-silver shine depending on you are under natural light or shade. I think the color stands out with every type of skin tone. Not to mention the color really pops out in deep outfits.

No comments: