Drugstore Delight: Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow

Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow
Left: Classic Nudes Right:Canyon Classics

Physicians Formula is one of my favorite drugstore brands that I like to browse at CVS. I first noticed this brand for its various blushers, bronzers and face powders. It has a broad range of colors for different skin tones. After getting familiar with the brand, I found a lot of products from this brand are hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin. I have bought several of their products and I love what I have for their good quality. Today, I am featuring two items from the Matte Collection Eye Shadow Quad.

Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow is a series of matte neutral/nude shades. It is available in Canyon Classics, Classic Nudes and Classic Basics. I own the first two eye shadow palettes, Canyon Classics and Classic Nudes.

Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow
Left: Classic Nudes Right:Canyon Classics

The quad eye shadow contains four eye shadows: the lightest hue as a base color, the two middle tones as shading colors and the deep shade as an accent shade. The packaging style is not fancy, but it is simple and practical. Inside the silver square compact comes with a small rectangular mirror and a small dual-end brush.

The texture is soft and smooth. It goes on very easily. The color is matte, medium-pigmented and blendable. Canyon Classics is available in shades of ivory, beige, taupe and light gray. Classic Nudes features pinky white, nude, orange brown and fleshy brown. I simply love the way these eye shadows are buildable with each other for a natural-looking eye makeup. These eye shadows also go well with other eye shadow colors like blues, pinks or shimmer.

These two eyeshadow palettes have become part of my makeup staple to create casual "neutral-tones" or a nude "no makeup look"! I prefer Canyon Classic than Classic Nudes. Classic Nudes has pink/red undertones that don't suit my skin tone very well. I have to mix and match with other eye colors to decrease the red undertones.

Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow settles in the skin without smudging or creasing easily. It lasts long. The hypoallergenic formulation is a plus for sensitive skin types. I simply love the natural looking it delivers! The packaging might not be cute enough for my liking. But it offers high-end quality at inexpensive drugstore price ($6.75 each).


Related posts:

MAC N Collection

Bobbi Brown Nude Collection


Bobbi Brown Fall 2007 Stonewashed Nudes Collection & Kevyn Aucoin Essential Eye Shadow Set Palette #2!

No comments: