Dior Spring 2008 Makeup Collection

I tried out Dior Spring 2008 collection recently at Bloomingdale's. Overall, the collection has pink-themed hues that I like for spring makeup. Today, I am going to share with you my impressions of some items from Dior Spring 2008 makeup collection.


Flower Blossom Compact

I was surprised
to find this star product, Flower Blossom pressed powder, was able to create a translucent effect over the face. It contains delicate pink, lilac, rosy beige, peach, light blue and green shades. The colors are fused with skin nicely to give me a sheer spring-like radiance. I especially love the delicate shaped powder design of flower, butterfly, gemstone, and lady-bird, embossed on a bouquet background. Inspired by Victoire de Castellance's famous Dior jewelry collection, the design is very aesthetically pleasing.

Dior 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow
The Spring 2008 collection has two eyeshadow palettes; Spring Bouquet and Pink May. Dior Spring 2008 eye makeup is themed with shimmering pinks. Spring Bouquet has arrays of pinks and bronzes, and Pink May features pinks and purples. Both are shimmery and light-reflective. They deliver a sheen finish on my eyes. But I found the eye shadows are too shimmery for me. I expected the eye shadows are kept balanced between matte and shimmery textures.


Diorskin Shimmer Star
Diorskin Shimmer Star is available in Amber Diamond and Rose Diamond. I tried Amber Diamond, with gradation of shimmery bronzy shades, on the cheeks. I liked it brightened my complexion, brought out a healthy sun-kissed glow, and created a sheer shimmery veil of color on the cheeks. I think it is suitable for me to use on night occasions. For daytime makeup, I would prefer the cheek color has less shimmer.

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect
Dior addict ultra gloss reflect is a shimmering reformulation of Dior Addict lip gloss. The Spring 2008 collection has added four new shades to the family of Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect. They are:
  • Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Beige Velvet (#127)
  • Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Cotton Petal (#247)
  • Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Pink Liberty (#457)
  • Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Fuchsia Poplin (#577)
When I saw #247 Cotton Petal at Dior counter, I immediately liked the shade and decided to take it home. #247 is a sheer soft pink with ultra-refined shimmery particles. It is more of a warm soft pink with a peachy hint in the tube. But it looks more to the cool side of pink on my lips. I like the shimmery particles that are quite subdued.

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect has no scent. The water-like formula makes the texture non-sticky and lightweight. I find the lip gloss somewhat moisturizes my lips.
It is packaged in a transparent, square tube with a silver top and a silver knob. Inside, it comes with a brush applicator.

The water-like formula is a big advantage for its non-sticky and lightweight texture. I find this formula, however, becomes a drawback. First, it is not easy for me to glide on the lip gloss evenly on the lips. I think it is because the lip gloss has a watery texture.
The consistency is not stiff or tacky enough. It easily leaves brush-on traces on the lips wherever I apply it with the applicator. Second, it doesn't cover the fine lip lines satisfactorily. Compared to other lip glosses I have used, It takes a little more time, patience, and practice to get a nice, full, and even finish. Once it is done, the lip color stays put. But I notice the color doesn't last well. After an hour of wear, the color starts to fade and become sheerer. Overall, I love the way it gives a high shine to a fuller dimension. I would prefer to wear it on top of lipstick.

Dior Spring 2008 collection captures the essences of spring season. It is iridescent pink, romantic and feminine. Have you ever tried it, or picked up anything from the collection? Let me know what you think.


Related posts:
Chanel & Dior Spring 2008 Makeup Collection